-->

Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Tyre Shop Review: Lim Tayar TTDI Malaysia (Taman Tun Dr. Ismail)

Tyre Shop Name: Lim Tayar TTDI

Address:
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail Lot 41313, Pinggir Zaaba, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur.
Phone : 03-7727 7377 Fax : 03-7727 8788



First and foremost, this isn't my review! Some good chap on Lowyat.net decided to share his experience and I am just here sharing what he shared. However please do not let one negative tyre review determine the tyre shop's rating, as it may be a chance of bad luck.

For those of you out there, be wary when you change new tyres. One of my friend recently changed all 4 tyres on his Toyota Avanza, and was unlucky enough to acquired random nails on the 2nd day. When he went back to the tyre shop, they allowed him to purchase a NEW tyre for just RM100. What would happen to the OLD tyres? My guess is they would patch it back, somehow get OEM markers on them and resell as new. This is just my assumption, please do give the tyre shops in Malaysia benefit of doubt when patronizing them! I have been to a few decent tyre shops in Malaysia. Just holler for a recommendation!

Here is the excerpt from the thread: 

I am here to share my experience with Lim Tayar TTDI~~~~ (TOTAL RUBBISH)

I was at Lim Tayar on the 29th January 2014 to remove some nails on my tyre in the morning. Just like normal I sat there and waited for my car to be fixed.

5 minutes later, one of the mechanics said, Boss can come over for a moment.  Hmm So I walked to my car...

First of all he told me, my back tyre was unusable cause it has reached its marking line...which was true. Second thing he told me was, Boss the tyre you use

"Chappalang brand" - aka "tyre celup"  hmm I was thinking to myself, what the bloody fool is this idiot talking here. I was using Kumho Ecsta SPT which

Is not bad and pretty well known in the market. But fine....he said the front one was damaged by the nails as well. So I said oh well change all four tyres then to "YOUR" recommended tyre.

They gave me a set of Continental CC5 tyres... (A FREAKING JOKE IMO)  shocking

Ok FINE...I will go with the tyres anyway. The car was completed about 45 minutes later and the worker told me "KAO TIM BOSS". I drove it happily away to my university...

Got off the car and looked at all four tyres.... Unsure It was lacking of air in all four tyres. Ok still fine with me, told myself to pump later after my classes.

Went to a petrol station and filled up all the tyres...The front tyres was at 140kpa and the rear....I dont even wanna mention... Getting me pissed off a little bit.

Drove home happily again...parked my car got off the car and saw one of tyres looking a little flat AGAIN~!!!! I WAS @#$%^ Chinese New Year was round the corner!!

I had to constantly pump air for the back tyre every FREAKING 12 HOURS so I can drive my car around!!! Mad I WAS SO MAD I DECIDED TO CHANGE TO MY SPARE TYRE ON FIRST DAY OF CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!

Today I returned to Lim Tayar TTDI again!!! To ask them to fix my problem. One guy came and took the back tyre to check and I waited...After the guy was done repairing it, he didn't even bother to tell me it was done...I was still waiting  shocking Until the boss came over and say your car is ready....

THE MAIN PROBLEM HERE IS NONE OF THEM EVEN SAID A WORD OF APOLOGY  mad MAKE ME GO THROUGH @#$% DURING MY FESTIVE SEASON AND I GET THAT IN RETURN  shocking


CONGRATULATIONS LIM TAYAR TTDI~! YOU HAVE JUST CREATED ONE ANGRY CUSTOMER!!

2 comments:

Mat Cendana said...

You are right in that we shouldn't let one negative review determine the entire tyre shop's rating. At the same time I understand how pissed off the writer must be: s/he had spent a significant amount of money and has the right to expect at least "reasonable" service and expertise. After all, it's what they do every day. Someone obviously had not done his job in properly fitting the new tyre.

Anyway, Kumho is "celup"...? I don't think so. Chappalang brand - well, it's not as well-known as Continental, Bridgestone, Goodyear but I'm pretty sure it is at least "decent enough". If not, it wouldn't be able to make its way to EU countries. Don't belittle these lesser-known makes - often, they provide the best bang for the buck. But do some research first before choosing one. Like at TyreReviews.co.uk and local motoring groups.

Jackson Oh said...

You are right! Some of the lesser known brands have to give more for less to be able to remain competitive.

Well perhaps due to the business model i.e. franchising out, they may get new trainees that aren't as well versed with tyres. Each brand have their own low and high range tyres. For example, I once bought a set of Yokohama A-Drive tyres that were REALLY terrible! In wet conditions, the tyres would skid all the time, and they were really noisy as well. I would rate the Yokohama A-Drive 1/10.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!